Employment Opportunities at Creative Electron
Creative Electron was founded in 2008 with a simple mission: to build the best x-ray inspection systems in the world. We spent our first few years in business focusing on technology development and building our intellectual property portfolio. During this period we worked with several government agencies on solving challenging problems in homeland security and defense. These experiences helped us to further develop the technologies that eventually ended up in our TruView X-Ray inspection systems.
The company is a great experiment of the American entrepreneurial spirit. Similar to many successful companies like Apple and HP, Creative Electron started in a garage in sunny California. Also similar to these companies, Creative Electron relied on an amazing group of engineers and technicians to realize the American dream: that the sky is the limit when a great idea is fueled by an incredible amount of work.
Our customers include business in the electronic sector in all stages of development: from the garage to Fortune 500 companies. We manufacture and distribute high performance, off the shelf and custom x-ray inspection systems used for quality assurance, material conformity, and counterfeit detection in a wide range of applications.
Our obsession with the continuous improvement of our x-ray machines has allowed us to bring to market a very competitive x-ray package: great image, great automation, and great value. These statements are backed by a robust yearly revenue growth and validated by our industry partnerships, including the 2011 High Tech Award by TechAmerica and numerous speaking and leadership engagements with IPC, IEEE, IMAPS, CTI, SMTA, IDEA, SAE, US Tech, and ERAI.
To apply email us at jobs at creativeelectron.com a PDF of your resume as well as a PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you’re badass, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this job.
Technical Writer/Pro Geek
We're looking for a technical writer/pro geek/tinkerer to join in our effort to design and sell the best x-ray machines in the world. In this job you'll use our x-ray machines to create social media content and to prepare sample reports for our customers. The ideal candidate is technically oriented, has a passion for succinct communication, loves to take things apart, and fixes all their friends' stuff. As the ideal candidate, you should:
- Be curious!
- Have above-average mechanical and/or electrical aptitude. You don't need to be an EE, but a basic understanding of PCB design, integrated circuits, and experience reading datasheets goes a long way.
- Enjoy working with people and communicating precisely and accurately.
- Know the difference between precision and accuracy. Have impeccable grammar, and an innate sense of what sounds good. Your innate sense should match ours, because we're right.
- Feel compelled to combine creativity with pragmatism in your photography and writing.
This position is available immediately at our San Marcos, CA office. Remote opportunities are not available for this position. X-ray industry experience is not necessary, neither is any specific degree. We're looking for full-time or part-time applicants for this position. Students will be expected to work part-time during the school year and full-time over the summer.
Marketing and Sales Associate
Creative Electron is a high-tech company that develops and manufactures x-ray and optical inspection systems with offices in San Marcos and Santa Cruz, CA. The company is looking for a personable and talented marketing and sales associate to work in its San Marcos facility. At Creative Electron every employee is a sales person, so we are looking for highly motivated candidates ready to make a difference. This position will give you an opportunity to grow professionally and explore new ideas. If you are looking for a slow-paced, routine-driven, boring job - this is not the place for you. You need to be ready to adapt to the fast paced rhythm of our business. As for the technical stuff, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Create, develop, deploy, and manage lead generation opportunities, including email campaigns, direct mail, print media, website, outbound calls, webinars, and tradeshows
- Make phone calls and visits to leads
- Support and nurture leads
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Develop and lead social media activities for the company
- Design marketing collateral materials
- Manage company tradeshows, including preparation of appropriate marketing materials, shipment of products for the show, and identification of strategic shows to participate in
- Travel to tradeshows and customer sites to represent the company
We are looking for a personable and talented candidate who can positively impact our organization. A degree in a related area – marketing or business - is highly desirable. A blend of exposure to "big company" policies and structures with hands-on experience is also desirable. This experience could have been obtained during school while working on group projects. Needless to say, you need to be able to work well with others. The successful candidate will have direct customer contact, so great communication and presentation skills are a must. Travel is involved as needed for customer support, conferences, and trade shows.
Creative Electron is a fast growing company with offices in San Marcos and Santa Cruz, CA. The company is looking for a personable and talented Software Developer for its San Marcos facility to assist in the maintenance and further development of software for its product lines. At Creative Electron every employee is a sales person, so we are looking for highly motivated candidates ready to make a difference. This position will give you a lot of opportunity to grow professionally and explore new ideas. If you are looking for a slow-paced, routine-driven, boring job, this is not the place for you. You need to be ready to adapt to the fast paced rhythm of our business.
As for the technical stuff, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Python, C/C++ programming, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Designing large scale software programs
- Using high level software programming tools to interface with low level hardware – microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Programming microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Providing support and technical assistance to various projects
We are looking for a personable and talented candidate who can positively impact our organization. A bachelor degree in a related area – computer science, electrical engineering, or electrical and computer engineering – is highly desirable. A blend of exposure to "big company" policies and structures with hands-on experience is also desirable. This experience could have been obtained during school while working on technical group projects. Needless to say, you need to be able to work well with others.
The successful candidate will have direct customer contact, so great communication and presentation skills are a must. Some travel is involved as needed for customer support, conferences, and trade shows.
Skills/Qualifications: analyzing information, general programming skills, software design, software debugging, software documentation, software testing, problem solving, teamwork, software development fundamentals, software development process, software requirements
Creative Electron is looking for an Electronics Technician to help us in different areas of our business. A qualified candidate must have the ability to work in a small-company, fast paced environment. Experience in radiation detection and x-ray inspection systems is a plus, but not required.
The major responsibilities of this position are:
- Sample preparation using lapping station
- Assembly of high density SMD components onto PCB
- Packaging of ASICs using pick and place machines
Recommended/Desired Qualification for this position include:
- EET, BS, or associates degree in electronics
- 1+ years experience testing, aligning, and troubleshooting in electronic assembly
- Experience with pick and place systems
- Experience with lapping stations
- Working expertise with multimeters, oscilloscopes, and basic test equipment.