Employment Opportunities at Creative Electron
Creative Electron was founded in 2008 with a simple mission: to build the best x-ray inspection systems in the world. We spent our first few years in business focusing on technology development and building our intellectual property portfolio. During this period we worked with several government agencies on solving challenging problems in homeland security and defense. These experiences helped us to further develop the technologies that eventually ended up in our TruView X-Ray inspection systems.
The company is a great experiment of the American entrepreneurial spirit. Similar to many successful companies like Apple and HP, Creative Electron started in a garage in sunny California. Also similar to these companies, Creative Electron relied on an amazing group of engineers and technicians to realize the American dream: that the sky is the limit when a great idea is fueled by an incredible amount of work.
Our customers include business in the electronic sector in all stages of development: from the garage to Fortune 500 companies. We manufacture and distribute high performance, off the shelf and custom x-ray inspection systems used for quality assurance, material conformity, and counterfeit detection in a wide range of applications.
Our obsession with the continuous improvement of our x-ray machines has allowed us to bring to market a very competitive x-ray package: great image, great automation, and great value. These statements are backed by a robust yearly revenue growth and validated by our industry partnerships, including the 2011 High Tech Award by TechAmerica and numerous speaking and leadership engagements with IPC, IEEE, IMAPS, CTI, SMTA, IDEA, SAE, US Tech, and ERAI.
To apply email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Electron is a fast growing company with offices in San Marcos and Santa Cruz, CA. The company is looking for a personable and talented Software Developer for its San Marcos facility to assist in the maintenance and further development of software for its product lines. At Creative Electron every employee is a sales person, so we are looking for highly motivated candidates ready to make a difference. This position will give you a lot of opportunity to grow professionally and explore new ideas. If you are looking for a slow-paced, routine-driven, boring job, this is not the place for you. You need to be ready to adapt to the fast paced rhythm of our business.
As for the technical stuff, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Python, C/C++ programming, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Designing large scale software programs
- Using high level software programming tools to interface with low level hardware – microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Programming microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Providing support and technical assistance to various projects
We are looking for a personable and talented candidate who can positively impact our organization. A bachelor degree in a related area – computer science, electrical engineering, or electrical and computer engineering – is highly desirable. A blend of exposure to "big company" policies and structures with hands-on experience is also desirable. This experience could have been obtained during school while working on technical group projects. Needless to say, you need to be able to work well with others.
The successful candidate will have direct customer contact, so great communication and presentation skills are a must. Some travel is involved as needed for customer support, conferences, and trade shows.
Skills/Qualifications: analyzing information, general programming skills, software design, software debugging, software documentation, software testing, problem solving, teamwork, software development fundamentals, software development process, software requirements
Assemble or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of production line in a manufacturing organization.
The major responsibilities of this position are:
- Read, interpret, andd follow basic blueprints, diagams, engineering drawings,, specifications, biills of materials, and other writted instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as handheld screw and drill gun
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Performing soldering, which is the process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal into the joints
Recommended/Desired Qualification for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years mechanical assembly expereince may be required
- High attention to detail and self-motivation